Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Je Suis Charlie and the issue of censorship



Censorship is something that's been on my mind lately knowing someone whose book was banned from Amazon for having a rape scene in it and then today's events regarding censorship.  Don't make the mistake of thinking that I think rape is OK or a woman's fault because I don't but it is a real thing, it happens all of the time.  According to research I've done a woman can become aroused during rape, experience lubrication, and even orgasm.  The book in question did not glorify rape in any way.  This is of particular concern to me because I have three eBooks in the works that have rape scenes in them.  according to what I researched on the Amazon publishing forums Amazon has issues with incest, sex with or among minors, sex with animals (aliens and creatures of myth don't count as animals), sex with dead people (although the "un"-dead are usually ok), rape, scat, breath play, and blood sports.  The issue here is rape.   The thing is as disgusting as some of these things are they still happen and banning any book that contains them is still censorship. 


No comments:

Post a Comment