Sunday, January 11, 2015

Another one for the Dream File

I'm not sure how I ended up there, but I was at a strip club run by a motorcycle club.  I watched the girls dance through the windows from a distance and there's a sense of not being attached to anything.  I don't have a job or bills to pay or anywhere anyone expects me to be.  I'm simply wandering wherever the road and my feet take me.  I watch the women through the windows of a place that I think may have been a church at one point, but is now a strip club.  I watch the way the m
en seem to worship the women spinning on the poles and I want to be like them so I go inside.  I talk to the boss.  I tell him I'm hungry and he feeds me.  He asks me where I live and I tell him I don't live anywhere and that I want to dance around the poles like those women do so he has me strip down to my underwear and turn around for me.  There are bruises on my back and on my thighs and he says I can't dance with the other girls until those are gone, but I can work as a waitress and they will give me food and a place to sleep and later I can dance with the other girls if I still want too.  I agree, it’s not as if I'm doing anything else.  
  Time passes and I do what’s expected of me. I don't have any concept of time or shifts.  I just work until I’m told its time to stop.  The bikers seem to feel sorry for me, but I don't know why.  I have no desire to be anywhere else or do anything else and I'm not worried about the past or the future.  I exist only in the present.  It’s a liberating feeling. 
  One of the bikers takes an interest in me.  He's not like the others, but I can't really put my finger on hat that is.  He has a neat black car with neon lights on it and he likes to take me driving in it. 
  One night the president of the club does something stupid to the wrong person and is murdered.  A short time later the strip club in burned to the ground by whomever it was he pissed off.  I'm standing outside of it looking at what’s left and the man with the black car walks up to me and says "Well, I’m done here, are you going to come with me?"
  I go with him for no particular reason.  I like being with him, but I don't make a conscious decision to actually leave with him, I just kind of go.  
  He turns out to be a lot more different than I originally thought he was.  His car can crash and fly into a whole bunch of little pieces and then go back together again.  He has a place to live that you can't see until you step into it.  It looks a lot like an RV on the inside. 

  There are other women with us.  Some of them came from the strip club and some came from other places.  The women like to put on shows and come up with something they can do going from town to town.  I'm not a part of the show, but I watch.  The man and I are going to leave the group of women in his black car and let them have the RV we've been traveling in.  I don't know where were going and I don't really care, I'm just letting myself be led until I feel like it’s time to not be led, and then I'll leave this person, but I don't have any sense of when that might be. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment